Extra Credit Trivia Question
Answer the following trivia question for extra credit. Email your answer. You may answer (or guess) only once each calendar day. The first to answer correctly will receive extra credit. Students may not ask or receive help in any form from parents, teachers, librarians, or other adults or students. Explain your answers in full and explain how or where you found your answer in order to receive the extra credit points. Good luck.
Trivia Question #1: Who was the first person to serve as presiding officer of both houses of the U.S. Congress?
Trivia Question #2: Who was the youngest person to command a U.S. Navy ship during time of war?
Trivia Question #3: Who invented the first true machine gun successfully used in combat? Give name, rank, and organization.
Trivia Question #4: Who was the only person to hold the ranks of general officer in the U.S. Army and Flag Officer (admiral) in the U.S. Navy?
- Teacher Home
- Article of the Week
- White House Heroes, Part I
- Presidential Children: The Adams Family Children
- Presidential Children: Teddy's "White House Gang"
- A Dead End Job: Madison's Vice President
- Rum, Romanism, and Rebellion: The Election of 1884
- Substitute First Lady: Harriet Lane
- Robert Todd Lincoln: Reluctant Witness to History
- Dolley Madison: An American Original
- The Wit and Wisdom of Abraham Lincoln, Part I
- Almost President: Benjamin Wade
- Death in the White House
- A Tale of Two Tickets, Part I
- A Tale of Two Tickets, Part II
- Acting Vice President, Part I
- Acting Vice President, Part II
- The Case for the Electoral College
- Chat Room
- Photo Albums
- Trivia Questions
- U.S. History 8
- U.S. History Honors
- Middle School Geography
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.